A missing tooth can affect the way your smile looks. The loss of a tooth may result from gum disease, injury, severe tooth decay, injury, or genetic defects. The absence of a tooth can lead to several problems, so consider your options for missing teeth.
Are you looking for an excellent cosmetic dentist in Tucson? Drs. Dalesandro, Derickson, and Weege provide professional dental care in a relaxed and comfortable environment. You can choose from different tooth replacement options to restore your smile.
1. Dental Implants
Dental implants can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. This treatment involves surgically implanting a titanium metal frame or post into your jaw. The dentist will mount a replacement tooth to the implant, which holds the tooth in place.
- Offers the most effective way to replace missing teeth.
- Resembles a natural tooth’s appearance and feel.
- Provides a permanent solution that can last for decades.
- The surgical procedure can take a while to heal.
- Not suitable for all candidates or those with severe dental problems.
- High cost ranges from $3,000 to 6,000.
2. Implant-supported Bridge
Implant-supported dental bridges use one or two implants to provide support. Instead of shaving down surrounding teeth to place crowns, implant-supported bridges insert titanium screws into the jawbone.
- An ideal option for replacing several missing teeth in a row.
- Implant-supported bridges look and function like natural teeth.
- Avoid tooth rot and keep the mouth healthy.
- Implant-supported bridges will eventually need replacement.
- Adjacent teeth can sustain damage if not fitted correctly.
- The procedure requires multiple dental visits.
3. Removable Partial Dentures
Removable partial dentures provide a viable solution to replace multiple missing teeth. Patients unsuitable for dental implants or dental bridges can opt for dentures. Generally, you only wear removable partial dentures during the day.
- One of the cheapest options for missing teeth replacement.
- Partial dentures allow you to eat and smile comfortably.
- Easy to repair and replace.
- Some may feel uncomfortable wearing dentures.
- Uses metal clasps that make teeth look unnatural.
- Partial dentures require daily removal and cleaning.
A flipper consists of removable retainers made of an acrylic removable partial denture. The retainer fits along the roof of your mouth or lower jaw, with prosthetic teeth attached. Flippers do not attach to surrounding teeth or require metal clasps.
- Creates a natural smile for teeth lost from decay or injury.
- Offers an economical way to replace teeth.
- A better and lighter alternative to partial dentures.
- Flippers may cause discomfort because of their bulky design.
- Flippers also have a higher chance of breaking.
Work With Professional Dentists for Missing Teeth Replacement
The team at Dalesandro, Derickson, & Weege understands that missing teeth can make you self-conscious when speaking, eating, or smiling. We offer several dental procedures and ways to replace missing teeth to restore your natural smile. Get in touch with us to protect your teeth and learn more about dental sealants for adults.
Contact Dalesandro, Derickson, & Weege today for a free consultation and options for missing teeth. Call us at (520) 327-5993.